Hirado Dutch Trading Post
Detailed building kit for 28mm figures (1:56 scale)
Laser cut 1.6mm and 3mm HDF, corrugated cardboard
Laser engraved details
Removable roof section & removable and magnetized front and back walls
Detachable main staircase
All doors open
Light Beacon included!
Kit supplied unassembled and unpainted
Measures approx. L 27” x W 10” x H 10” / 685mm x 255mm x 255mm (without staircase)
Detailed instructions are available for download at www.thingsfromthebasement.com!
Due to the size of this item please allow up to five business days before shipping!
However, on the 9th of November 1640, by order of Shogun Tokugawa Iemitsu, Governor-General Inoue Masashige instructed all Dutch buildings to be destroyed. The reason for this order was the year 1639 displayed on the Trading Post’s gable. As it is a date in accordance with the Christian calendar it was in violation with the Anti-Christian policy active during the time.
In May 1640 the Dutch Trading Post was moved to Dejima in Nagasaki. This marked the end of 33 years of Dutch Trade in Hirado. After that, the Trading Post area was returned to the city and shipyards were built along its coastline.